Recorded Live Accent Reduction Seminar for Business Professionals
Watch and learn from our clients transforming their accented speech, to clearer English from India, Russia, France, Nepal and Nigeria.
- See the instruction as if you were present.
- Practice the exercises along with the participants and hear helpful feedback.
- Common errors people make will be identified followed by coaching for a more accurate result.
What you will learn across the 8 (50 to 70 minutes each) video sessions:
- Understand why your speech is accented by learning the habits and behaviors you are bringing from your first language into your English.
- Every cultural group has their own melody style (intonation) for how their language is spoken. Learn how to speak using American intonation and have clearer speech in 3 weeks.
- Learn simple and quick daily exercises for practicing your new skills naturally during your busy day.
- Learn how to pronounce to most frequently used sound in American English /TH/
- Shape your tongue for a more accurate American /R/ sound.
- Watch the instruction for the consonant sounds /F, V, W/ and blended sounds.
- See the participants improve the /R/ sound with more advanced training
- Understand American resonance and how that applies to vowel sounds. Learn how to speak more from the mouth and less from the throat or nasal cavities.
- All vowel sounds are demonstrated: Front, Center and Back Vowel Sounds
- Learn how to breathe from your diaphragm as a strategy to control your rate of speed and communicate more comfortably.
Plus Optional Book and Auditory Support:
Accent Reduction 101, Third Edition (2017, 2010, 2008)
A Complete Program for Speaking English in the American Cultural and Business Style
Accent Reduction 101 is the best program available on the market for busy people like you who want to reduce your accent quickly. All lessons have clear directions, multiple examples and the auditory support provides examples of sounds in words and sentences as you listen and then have time to repeat. Across the entire program is instructional points from your author. Self assessments are included so you can monitor your progress and determine where more support is needed.
This newest edition includes lessons on additional cultural aspects that create accent such as how to speak from your optimal pitch range, speak with American oral resonance, learn how to apply less muscular force to sounds, manage a fast rate of speech and learn how to breathe from a diaphragm breath. Accent Reduction 101 will position you to achieve your accent reduction goals and speak with greater clarity and confidence. Noticeable improvement occurs in about 3 weeks!
- A step-by-step “how to” program
- Comprehensive instruction with all sounds including the common mistakes people make
- Voice improvement and breathing program
- Auditory support with 9 CDs and/or downloadable files
A Look Inside:
Accent Reduction 101
- A Note from your Author
- How You Can Successfully Reduce Your Accent
- American Intonation: An Introduction to the “Speech Stairs Method” and How to Easily Reduce Your Accent
- Intonation and Accented Speakers
- Vowels Sounds and American English Pronunciation
- Why Diaphragm Breathing is a Helpful Strategy for Accented Speakers: How to Do It
- How to Make the /th/ Sound
- Table of Contents